I’m not the girl you want to entrust with meal prep on Thanksgiving. Setting the table and the scene has always been more my forte. So in thinking of a creative and cost-effective way to create an arrangement for the holiday I went to Pinterest for some inspiration.
Lia Griffith gave me JUST what I needed in the form of a do it yourself thankful tree. The execution was simple enough and my family absolutely loved it. Learn how to create your own thankful tree using these simple steps after the jump.
Faux Tree Branches
Single Hole Punch
Gold Spray Paint
Thick Butcher Paper to Spray Paint Branches
The steps are simple enough…
- Spray paint faux branches and let dry atop butcher paper overnight
- Place stones at the base of your container to add weight
- Once dry arrange branches in vase pushing stems in stone layer
- Print leaf printable on assorted colors of card stock,
- Cut and hole punch the base of each leaf with small hole punch
- String twine or ribbon through the hole
- Place the leaves in a bowl with metallic and black pens for guests to add their notes of gratitude
The tree is both a beautiful edition to your decor and a great conversation starter. More than anything it’s a reminder of all of the great things we have to be thankful for.