You’ve created the tastiest menu, you’re quite fabulous (if you do say so yourself), even the house is in tip-top shape. However like most selfless hosts you’ve yet to figure out what you’ll wear to the party that’s taken you months to plan. You have planned the perfect evening for everyone else but have neglected yourself.
If this sounds like you thank I’ve got some tips that will take the worry out of what to wear and make you and your fancy floral arrangements Instagram ready!
- Starting your period right before you’re set to entertain is nerve-wracking enough, but ease those nerves with U by Kotex Curves Liners. This post is all about being comfortable and U by Kotex Curves Liners are just that!
- Plan what you’re going to wear ahead of time. There have been many occasions when I’ve left this simple task as one of the last on my list and each time I just didn’t feel my best. Sure my party was pretty but I didn’t feel that way when it was time to take pictures. Planning out your outfit will make your getting ready time that much easier.
- Because you’ll most likely be cooking and serving food I encourage you to wear dark colors for any possible spills. I know basic black can seem a bit boring but throw in some statement jewelry to brighten up any outfit!
- Flats are your friend! Being on your feet all night tending to your guests is much easier when you’ve got a comfy flat on. I love ballet flats because they cover your toes in the event you have an accident.
- Loose fitting clothing just helps you move around better, I’m all about leggings on the bottom and flowey tops. I’m also into bringing the vintage kaftan back.
- So I’m a sweater, it never fails, if the temperature in the room gets above 80 and I’m moving around, I start to perspire. If you’re like me, my best weapon has been dress shields. They are perfect for getting rid of embarrassing sweat rings. Also keep clothing free and flowing by wearing cotton and silk materials.
- Wear hair off your face. Not only does it keep you from having to fuss with it all night long but it keeps it out of the food :/ While the style may seem drab, you can totally dress things up with a statement earring.
- Have a backup! Spills happen, things don’t always go as planned, have a back-up outfit ready to go should anything go down.
- Invest in a cute apron! Long gone are the days of the shapeless and typical “kiss the cook” aprons. These days there are a ton of cute aprons that will accentuate your outfit as opposed to detract from it.
- Do YOU! I’m a proponent of getting and accepting advice, however at the end of the day I encourage everyone to do what feels right for them!
So what are some tips I’ve missed? Is there an outfit that makes you feel extra cute when it’s time for you to entertain? I’d love to know in the comments below!