Have you ever thought about what you would do if your favorite celebrity heard how much of a fan you were and requested to personally hang out with you at your home? What would you serve? What would you wear? How would you decorate?!?!?! Well, “Hostess with the Mostest” is a new series I’ve been dying to do on the blog because unlike normal people this is the kind of stuff that I daydream about (Celebs probably walk around with bodyguards for this very reason).
So it works like this – each month I will present a dream guest and detail how I would host this person if I ever got the chance. I will detail what I or my guest would wear, what we would eat together, talk about, how I will decorate and anything other thing that comes to my mind.
I’m pulling out all the stops for my first guest, because perhaps “If I plan it she will come”. She’s all about empowering women, living her best life and teaching us to do the same and being fabulous while you do it. Oprah Winfery, I’m lookin at you girl and I’m pulling out all the stops!
Theme: Brunch is my absolute favorite meal (seriously, what other meal can you enjoy a cocktail before 12 and not feel guilty about it?). So that Lady O and I can be fully relaxed I’m serving brunch in my backyard complete with cranberry mimosas. Never mind that I don’t have a backyard yet, I’m visualizing here people.
- If you know Oprah then you know she likes the color pink. She wore it when she filmed her last show and I couldn’t tear my eyes away from the pink diamond encrusted bangles that dangled from her wrist as she said goodbye to her viewers. So for brunch I’ve found my own pink diamonds (well they aren’t really diamonds they’re actually Swarvoski Crystals but who’s keeping score) shimmery pink Louboutin’s and an asymmetrical cocktail dress complete the look. Overdressed? Maybe. But come on how often do you get to have brunch with the woman who picked our first African-American president?
- Knowing my girl O she’s probably watching her figure so I’ve decided on fruit and a summer salad. However we both have fat girls living inside (and outside) of us so for dessert I’ve got assorted pastries and donut holes. Oh did I mention we’re on a 3rd glass of cramosa’s ?
- Now that O Dogg and I have gotten to know each other we launch into one of our favorite things to talk about: BOOKS! She takes a look at my bookshelf and is impressed by my wide range of literature (she actually digs 50 Shades and The Fault in Our Stars). She begins to tell me all about what it was like to be close to Maya Angelou and how pissed she was over that whole James Frey controversy
- I present Oprah with a “thank you for gracing me with your amazing presence please let’s do this again because you’re honestly more than I thought you would be” party favor. In keeping with her favorite color pink I’ve gotten her a bottle of rosé from the folks over at Veuve Clicquot.
- Oprah thanks me for being such a fabulous host and compliments my wonderful decorating taste. She loves how understated the peonies are and the white mimosa candle and pink lanterns are the perfect touch! I’m dying inside but I totally play it cool.